Thursday, February 18, 2010

He described it this way: if he were to accidentally hit his thumb with a hammer, the pain message would travel up to the pain centers in the brain and he would experience pain for a time but eventually the message would subside and the sensation of pain would end. In my case, the pain centers don't close down...they stay open and I almost continually experience pain...even old pain like my leg fracture...almost like a body memory. Muscles, ligaments, tendons....

Fibromyalgia...I now have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia...just yesterday...Rheumatoid Arthritis and now Fibromyalgia...seemingly unending pain...sometimes excruciating...and painkillers tend not to be helpful...

I did my homework when I got home and learned that what I thought I knew about Fibro. was mostly wrong. They know much more about it now. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079

Fibromyalgia...

3 comments:

  1. I understand. I have fibro. And Sjogren's Syndrome -- my immune system attacks the rest of my body, especially the parts that make moisture and the nerves. I have constant nerve pain in my face as well as the fibro stuff. I'm so sorry you have to deal with such pain. It's not fair, you don't deserve to be always in pain. You're a good person who already carries more than her fair share of pain and grief. I'm here and will always listen.
    Hugs,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, Queen of Squishies, knows a ton about fibro, having been diagnosed several years ago. I'm sorry you've been stricken with such pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeri Jo A. Redman/ DreamweaverJuly 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM

    Thanks Sunny and Cindy. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete