Monday, March 18, 2013

JUST MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS

My brother Mark surprised me with a visit Saturday. He lives in a nearby town  (rural Dassel) and recently took an out of town job (Glencoe) so I see him even less than I did. His visit was a wonderful  surprise. I wish we could spend more time together, he seemed so tired and sad.

The re-staffing continues, I train in a new person two days this week. Training is always a challenge but even more so when I'm in pain. I'm not looking forward to it.

I need Spring so badly.  The outdoors is my therapy, my release.  Nature is my healing balm, it is my heart and soul, it is everything to me.  I desperately need to be outside. We're in a blizzard warning tonight - go figure.  Ah the sadistic irony!

This week the leg brace man is coming, the home health nurse for her weekly check, then the wheelchair man with my replacement Hoyer-type lift (the original one never worked right), ending the week with a trip to Courage Center for an occupational therapy appointment.  Plus training...whahooo...

It's a long story but I came into possession of my mother's jewelry again. (I'd been dreaming about one of her cobalt blue broaches for about a week and aching to see it again.)  It has been such a joy and I have many creative plans for it all. The broach already has a place of honor.

I've been aching to create: I would love to be able to pot, quilt, make small metallic sculptures, paper mache sculptures/art, book making, papermaking, scrapbooking, genealogy...with the pain in my arms and shoulders it's not possible right now.  Writing will have to be my outlet for now.

Have a good week everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment