Saturday, August 6, 2011

Where Have I Been You Ask?

I've been offline for awhile due to internet wireless issues but mostly because I was in hospital again: 11 days with the majority of them spent in the intensive care units of my hometown hospital and Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.  I've been home about two weeks.  I went septic and had difficulty with high heart beat rate coupled with very low blood pressure due to fighting atleast two infections and maybe three.

I'm beginning to realize I almost died...It's been difficult to integrate...it's been a frightening experience.  My family has been so supportive and I love them dearly.  I'm experiencing a great deal of fear...what's coming next...will I have the strength to fight it...?  I have the option of a new medicine but had I been on it this time I truly believe I'd be dead right now.  Instead I had decided to follow my gut and not take it and it seems to have been a wise choice.

My brother suggested I start using Caring Bridge but I think I'll keep using this blog for now.

So, happy belated birthday to all those I missed, prayers and good healing energy to those who need it/them, and many thumbs up to you all.

2 comments:

  1. (((( Dreamweaver ))))) Wish I lived near you so I could be there and be part of your support system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy to hear you are back and ready for the next round. I'm in your corner, dear, and have my whole entourage with me. My guardian angels have been alerted (Lori and Dad) and are battle ready. We love you and send you all our good wishes.

    ReplyDelete