Sunday, April 26, 2009

This Too Shall Pass?

Tomorrow's the big day, my ear surgery. I'm actually looking forward to it: 1. to get it over with and 2. so I can hear again. I hear almost nothing now.

I wonder what it will be like? Will there be pain afterward? During? I guess I'll be able to hear again right away - what will that be like after a week of almost silence? Will I tolerate the drops and meds involved? Lord, I hope so. I'm so tired of medication reactions. What will the doc be like? I've never met him and I hate having someone performing procedures on me when I haven't even met them. Will I be able to drive myself home? No one told me anything about prep or post procedure so this should be interesting.

I sure hope I feel better after this thing. I've been sleepiCheck Spellingng a lot again. There must be a lot going on in my brain that we're obviously unaware of. I would just like some time to heal and gain some strength back before having to face anything else.

We had our first long rainy day today and it was kind of nice. Have been feeling the itch to dig in the dirt something fierce but have no place to take advantage of it. Need an assistant to help with that kind of stuff. The old arms don't work as well or as long as they once did. Slow loss. Have had to get used to slow loss. Periods of grief and letting go.....periods of hope and strength....periods of wondering what's coming next....periods of just plain tiredness. The spirit sure can endure a lot...it gets weary but it keeps on keepin' on. This too shall pass. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment