Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Big Wind

That was quite some wind last night. An American Indian woman I knew told me that wind is a harbinger of change. There must be some mighty big changes on their way.

I call that kind of wind Mother Nature's pruning service. I suspect as we all go out today, we will find that there are many dead branches on the ground, hopefully none have fallen on any structures.

I wonder often what the outdoor creatures go through during something like that, especially now that it's nesting season. I thought about the four small cardinals nesting in a bush between two fences over at the neighbor's house. They probably had it better than most. It's a vulnerable time as far as little winged ones go. The trees have leafed out quite a bit so hopefully that was more of a help than a hindrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment