Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Bit of This And That

It was a beautiful day today and I spent most of it outside. It was nice to hear the birds again and the water going over the rocks. I even discovered my wheelchair has a few new squeaks since I got it back from the repair shop.

Having the ear tubes put in was not fun, it was painful. Gratefully it didn't take long. My ears still feel a little stuffy but hopefully that will ease with time.

I finally finished giving my Yorkie her hair cut. It was my first attempt and everything looks pretty good except her head....I would describe it as the worst butch cut ever seen. Hey, I'm still learning, and hopefully with time I'll get more adept and she'll look much better! We'll see.

A dear old friend was buried today. My mom and I used to play cards with he and his wife and another couple and we always had a blast. We haven't talked much for a few years but I was able to see both of them a few times recently and I'm so glad. I love them both very much and it's hard to lose one of them and see the other one hurting.

I didn't go to the funeral. I don't deal well with large groups right now. I'm weaning off of high dose Prednisone and it is a real struggle for the nervous system among others. It's, I guess, comparable to any kind of addictive type withdrawal. It isn't easy and my body is trying to find it's way back to normal. Mornings are horrible until I get my medications down, then things start to ease. If I can remember it's the Prednisone making me feel the way I am and that I'm not actually losing my mind, it helps, although I don't always get there right away and that can be frightening. I'm down to 12 mgs a day and hope at the very least to get to 7. We'll see. I go down 1 mg every four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment